Webinar: Urban Hydrology Protecting Lives and Property
Date: June 27, 2018
Time: 10AM EST
In recent years, urban flooding has increased with growing population size. Join us as we discuss the influence of urbanization, impacts of intense rain events, and how your peers are protecting lives by managing flood events.
- Strategies from your colleagues in the application featuring Guest Speaker Jeff Lindner of Harris County
- Problems that your peers and agencies are currently trying to solve
- The role new technology is playing in providing early and accurate warnings
- Harris County case study during Hurricane Harvey
- Specific measures used today to protect lives and property
Also, you will have the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A with the Guest Speaker, Jeff Lindner.
Meet Our Guest Speaker
Director of Harris County Flood Control District Flood Operations Program
METEOROLOGIST JEFF LINDNER
Joining the Harris County Flood Control District in 2004 as the District’s first meteorologist is one of many precedents set by Jeff Lindner. In his primary role as Director of the District’s Flood Operations Program, Jeff implements regular communication with the National Weather Service and the Harris County Office of Emergency Management (HCOEM) during times of flooding while monitoring 154 rainfall and stage gages and collecting data at over 450 bridges.