Learn how the King County Dept. of Natural Resources and Parks in Seattle, Washington conducts long-term marine monitoring to assess baseline conditions and trends in Central Puget Sound, especially nitrate.
In this case study, Sea-Bird SUNA measurements from Puget Sound, corrected for bromide, match the accuracy of measurements made with traditional wet chemistry techniques to within ±0.0025 mgN/L.
About Sea-Bird SUNA V2
The SUNA V2 is the ultimate solution for real-time nutrient monitoring. This sensor measures nitrate with industry leading accuracy and stability over a wide range of environmental conditions (including extremely turbid and high CDOM conditions), from blue-ocean nitraclines to storm runoff in rivers and streams. The SUNA V2 incorporates the proven MBARI-ISUS nitrate measurement technology, which is based on the absorption characteristics of nitrate in the UV light spectrum.
- Accuracy and stability over a wide range of environmental conditions*
- Adaptive sampling intelligence
- Universal real-time nitrate processing algorithm
- 10 optical pathlength
- Serial data output
- Titanium housing with a 500 meter depth rating**
- User-friendly UCI software (Windows and Mac OS X compatible)
*Class based freshwater calibration stock. Specific calibration must be added (freshwater, seawater, high range freshwater).
** Images on this site may show older housing materials. All SUNA V2’s now have titanium housings.
- Long-term nutrient monitoring
- Coastal water profiling
- Water quality monitoring, pollution detection