All Sutron equipment is manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards as set by Sutron’s Quality Assurance Department. Our Customer Service Representatives have years of experience with equipment, systems and services. We have electronic technicians with field and applications experience, not limited to technical school training.
Sutron Equipment Repairs
Sutron maintains a Repair Department at the Virginia factory (22400 Davis Drive, Sterling, VA 20164).
Average turn-around time for repairs ranges from ten to thirty days after Sutron receives equipment for repair.
- Prior to returning any equipment for repair, please call Customer Service at (703) 406-2800 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Then send the faulty equipment back to the Virginia factory**.
- Sutron Customer Service will repair Sutron-manufactured equipment sent to us for repair within 30 days of the time we receive the item or that repair is free of charge.*
- Please provide our Customer Service Representative with your email address when receiving the RMA number so that we can email you when your equipment is received at Sutron and again when it is shipped back to you.
- Expedited repairs can be completed within one (1) week for an additional expedite fee of $200.00.
- Repaired equipment is warranted for a period of 180 days after the repair shipment date.***
- We appreciate your cooperation in achieving a quick turn-around by promptly providing cost approval decisions, Purchase Order and credit card information once we have supplied you with a repair estimate.
Customer Phone Support: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday
Customer Service Representatives routinely handle a wide variety of questions every day. When equipment questions arise, please feel free to contact me or one of Sutron’s Customer Service Representatives. We are available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST Monday through Friday and are happy to take your calls. The main Customer Service number is (703) 406-2800, extension #5. After 5 pm EST Monday through Friday, please use extension #6.
We typically answer most datalogger, transmitter, sensor and interface questions on the first call. If we cannot quickly answer a question on an interface, we will work with you until we find a solution.
Sometimes a problem is application related. Although we pride ourselves on handling 95% of application related questions over the phone, we maintain constant contact with our Integrated Systems Division and Engineering Division for additional assistance.
Of course not all problems can be fixed over the phone. Sometimes a customer needs an on-site technician to identify site related problems or troubleshoot a network. Sutron provides these services at a reasonable cost. Please call for details.
Training is an important part of the Sutron Customer Service Success policy. With proper training, you will learn how to take advantage of all the benefits and tools that Sutron equipment provides. We are available for, and frequently provide, on-site introductory training at our Customers’ facilities. We also hold three (3) day training seminars approximately four times per year at our Sutron headquarters in Sterling (near Washington, DC). Contact me or your Sutron Regional Sales Manager for details.
If you would like to learn more about Sutron products, please email email@example.com. Thank you again for your business,
Paul Delisi firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Manager
* Note: The 30 day guarantee applies only to Sutron-manufactured products. The 30 day guarantee does not apply to the following: bulk shipments of 10 or more repair items, third party or buy-ship products, shipments awaiting payment authorizations, cases where delays are caused by international customs, shipping or other regulations. Additionally, the 30 day guarantee is exclusive of domestic and international transit times.*
** Transportation charges for equipment returns are the responsibility of the Customer.
*** See Warranty on the next page. Any products repaired or replaced under Warranty will be warranted for the balance of the Warranty period or for a period of 180 days from the repair shipment date, whichever is greater.
SUTRON MANUFACTURED EQUIPMENT
THE SUTRON CORPORATION WARRANTS that the equipment manufactured by its Manufacturing Division shall conform to applicable specifications and shall remain free from defects in workmanship and material for a period ending two years from the date of shipment from Sutron’s plant.
Sutron’s obligation under this Warranty shall be limited to repair at the factory (22400 Davis Drive, Sterling, VA 20164) or, at Sutron’s option, replacement of the defective product. In no event shall Sutron be responsible for incidental or consequential damages, whether or not foreseeable or whether or not Sutron has knowledge of the possibility of such damages. This Warranty shall not apply to products that have been damaged through negligence, accident, misuse or acts of nature such as floods, fires, earthquakes, lightning strikes, etc.
Sutron’s liability, whether in contract or in tort, arising out of warranties or representations, instructions or defects from any cause, shall be limited exclusively to repair or replacement parts under the aforesaid conditions.
Sutron requires the return of the defective electronic products or parts to the factory to establish claim under this Warranty. The customer shall pre-pay transportation charges to the factory. Sutron shall pay transportation charges for the return of the repaired equipment to the customer when the validity of the damage claim has been established. Otherwise, Sutron will pre-pay shipment and bill the amount to the customer. All shipments shall be accomplished by best-way surface freight.
Sutron shall in no event assume any responsibility for repairs or alterations made other than by Sutron. Any products repaired or replaced under this Warranty will be warranted for the balance of the Warranty period or for a period of 180 days from the repair shipment date, whichever is greater. Products repaired at cost will be warranted for 90 days from the date of shipment.
NON-SUTRON MANUFACTURED EQUIPMENT
The above Warranty applies only to products manufactured by Sutron. Equipment provided, but not manufactured by Sutron, is warranted and will be repaired to the extent of and according to the current terms and conditions of the respective equipment manufacturers.
EXTENDED WARRANTY AND ON-SITE MAINTENANCE
Extended warranty and on-site maintenance contracts are available. Price quotations may be obtained from Sutron Customer Service Representatives.